Family planning is a driver behind many of the crises we read about in today’s news. But journalists rarely connect the dots.
- A federal judge begins to question the wisdom of parents having unlimited numbers of children they cannot care for, and who live awful lives, raised by the state.
- The United States, as a contributing driver of climate change, becomes a threat to itself, as Congress tries to increase fertility rates, the worst way to accelerate climate change.
- Foster care systems, burdened by the opioid epidemic, are failing around the country.
- Studies confirm that the conditions in which kids are born determine their opportunities in life, destroying a myth that had legitimated the system of governance in the U.S. for decades.
- Mainstream media continue to talk about underpopulation, and threat of American women not having enough kids.
Help journalists connect the dots! Contact Having Kids at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll help you submit editorials and letters to the publications you care about.
If you belong to a human rights, environmental or animal protection, and/or child protection organization or funder, ask them about their position on family planning. How is their position furthering their mission?
Speak out and protect your future. A better future means reforming family planning to focus on the child, first and foremost, to give every child a fair start in life.