Of course no one knows. But these facts might indicate one way it might go:
- There is massive inequity that largely tracks race, based largely on inherited/unearned wealth, that means some have much more power than others, undercutting the democracy many died to protect.
- That inequity, coupled with growth, has ensured that many will die as the climate crisis unfolds, with those who benefitted from the crisis using their wealth to thrive while the least wealthy face the greatest risks. The stakes for a correction are high, with those who benefitted from creating the crisis on the verge of escaping it’s harm.
- Government no longer sufficiently represents citizens – thanks to massive vote dilution, which has allowed concentrations of wealth and power to move into control.
- There is a clear way to avoid the horrors above and restore democracy: If all rules should be fair, and the first rule does not regard what each should do, but must first account for who we should be, then whatever makes those relations/bonds fair is the first and overriding rule. If that’s true, it would justify effective incentives/entitlements to change how, where, when, why, with what resources, etc. women have children – to ensure birth equity, where each child is born and raised with what they need to thrive and be free.
- A nonviolent revolution moving wealth from the top to fund all of this could ensure freedom for many.
In other words, we have many seeking liberty, and a small group blocking it. A peaceful revolution based on fair starts in life for all kids would by more evolved than other revolutions, happening at the true border of human power: Our creation and development, which is where true self-determination occurs.